Would your community garden like to be involved in the Big Dig Day 2014?
The event, organised by SUSTAIN (the alliance of better food and farming) in partnership with FCFCG in Wales, is taking place on 22 March with community gardens in cities all over the UK getting involved. So far Big Dig has only taken place in England, but now there is an opportunity to promote how much we have going on here in Wales.
What will it involve?
- Simply opening up your community growing space and holding a volunteer work day that would be open to members of the public to come and get involved in community garden tasks and activities such as preparing and clearing, digging, sowing etc.
- Your community garden would receive wide spread publicity and be registered on an online map, which will enable the public to locate their nearest community garden and go and get involved.
- Check out www.bigdig.org.uk for more information.
Why get involved?
- You will receive both national and local publicity.
- You will be part of a huge national event, with other community gardens all over the country.
- It’s a great opportunity to recruit more volunteers and raise awareness of the work that you do.
- It’s an opportunity to not only raise the profile of your own project but the whole community farming and gardening movement.
- Go to www.bigdig.org.uk/cardiff or www.bigdig.org.uk/swansea. Once you have registered we will send you further information about organising your day and you can let us know if you would like to receive postcards and posters to advertise your event.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org